Christmas cushions are a great way to complete your winter decor. They add coziness and a festive touch to your couch.
The must is undoubtedly to have a Santa Claus pillow. We all agree that having Santa on your sofa shows the true Christmas spirit.
Are you ready to make a cute Santa pillow? The tutorial is easy to follow and even beginners can easily create their own pillow.
I warn you, everyone will love this Santa pillow, and you may have to sew more than one.
[ This post probably contains affiliates links, our full disclosure policy is really boring, but you can read it HERE ]
Supplies you need to sew the Santa pillow:
For this sewing project, you will need fleece and faux fur fabric.
You need little fabric of each color, so check your scraps. If you have to buy, a half yard of each color is more than enough.
All the instructions come in the pattern and tutorial files that you can buy in the shop. If you want to go ahead and start gathering supplies you can check the supplies list below:
- For the hat > red plush fleece
- For the hat trim > white plush fleece
- For the face > fleece (any skin color you like for your Santa)
- For the beard and mustache > faux fur or faux sheepskin fabric
- For the nose > One fabric covered button of 1 in. ⌀ (2,5cm)
- For the eyes > Two black buttons of 3/4 in. ⌀ (2cm)
- For the pom pom > White yarn
- And the Santa pillow pattern, of course.
I opted for the traditional colors, red and white, to make this cushion. Feel free to adapt the pattern with the fabrics you want. I think a cream or gray Santa pillow can be very chic and modern.
Which color would you like to make your Santa pillow? My three-year-old girl already asked for a pink Santa.
RELATED: Christmas tree skirt sewing pattern
The Santa pillow sewing pattern
The Santa pillow measure about 15 in. diameter and is easy to sew.
The PDF includes the actual pattern pieces for cutting out after printed and a full photo tutorial that shows you how to sew this pattern together.
If you like, you can print the tutorial and assemble it to create a handy sewing notebook. The files also include a printable envelope to keep the pattern and notebook for future use
The downloadable files include:
- The Santa pillow pattern. It comes on 9 sheets and can be print on US letter-sized paper.
- A PDF tutorial that counts 10 sheets. You can download it on your computer or print it. The tutorial detail every step with pictures and clear explanations. This fun pillow is doable by everyone, even sewing beginners.
- A video tutorial, which shows you in detail how to sew the cushion.
If you want to read one of my sewing tutorials, you can have a look at this post as an example: How to sew a round pillow
Are you ready to make this cute Santa pillow? If you like Christmas pillows you will definitely love this unique cushion.
You can also watch the tutorial sample video: How to sew a Santa pillow
I love to see what you make with my pattern, so don’t hesitate to share your creation and send me a message.
RELATED: How to sew a felt Christmas cushion
RELATED: How to make a cactus pillow
Want to remember it? Save this Santa pillow pattern in your favorite Pinterest board.
You will find all the tutorials featured in the video on my “Best DIY” page.Amaryllis